Saturday, August 22, 2009

What should I doooo? ~Julia Child

I watched Julie & Julia for the second time yesterday and absolutely loved it! It's so inspirational. I too love food and try new recipes here and there but that's not what inspired me about the movie. It was Julie and Julia finding something to do. I often find myself asking the same question Julia asked herself, "what should I doooo?"

My husband has just been called for a one year deployment with the military, so I've been asking myself this question more and more. Hmmmm...what should I do for the next 365 days? I'm grateful for my family and friends who have gone through this with me before. My husband had his first deployment a few years back and I took on the project of remodeling my kitchen. Yup, my dad and I did it ourselves with some help from my brother-in-law. After the kitchen was done I had the floors refinished and had the entire house painted, inside and out. Remodeling was like the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun." The house transformed beautifully and gained new character. We now have a modern Tuscan inspired kitchen and the house feels warm and cozy.

Before

After


I am grateful for my sister, parents and friends who help keep me occupied with family parties, shopping, girls day out, etc. I trust God that my husband stay safe and protected. To God be the glory and so will it be. Be blessed!

No comments: